Hitachi Vantara Support for Pentaho & Lumada requires all ticket interactions to be via registered Named Support Contacts. There are no exceptions to this regardless of the urgency of any technical problems that customers may need assistance with.
This policy exists to protect our customers.
The basic rules that govern the use of support accounts are as follows:
- Support Contact Accounts must be named & associated with a person (aka, not generic).
- Customers who interact with Support must do so via such designated Named Contact(s).
- Support Contact Account(s) must not be shared with anyone else.
- Each Named Support Contact should have full administrative access to file systems
and databases required for the operation of the Pentaho platform.
Customers who fail to adhere to this policy are at risk of delayed support and problem resolution.
Customer privacy and data security is extremely important to Hitachi Vantara.
We have a strict policy to keep information private and not disclose information to unauthorised third parties*.
The definition of information is broad and covers:
- Any details regarding ongoing cases.
- Information related to environments such as configurations, hardware specifications, or software licenses.
- The names and contact details of registered users.
*An unauthorised third party is anyone who is not registered via a request from an existing authorised user under the Customer organization
Consequences of attempting to circumvent the Customer Support Registration Policy are:
- New incoming support emails (or request for call back) from unknown persons will be suspended and refused for further actions.
- Obvious attempts to share credentials for the Pentaho Support portal will cause delays until authorised persons are available. If no authorised person is available, cases may be rejected
How to register a new user
The primary user registered at a customer site can either contact their Customer Success representative or raise a support case via the Hitachi Vantara Customer Portal for Pentaho to request additional users, up to the number of users allowed by their support contract (or alternatively decide to obtain additional ones via their Customer Success Manager or Account Executive).
Password security best practices
- Never use the same password for more than one account
- Never share your password
- Never write down your password
- Never communicate your password by telephone, email, or instant messaging
- Log off before leaving a computer unattended
- Change your password whenever you suspect it's been compromised
- A partner or third party (aka with a different domain email address) may be designated as a Primary or Back Up Contact as long as this has validated by an existing Primary Contact
How to Request a New Customer User Account to the Hitachi Vantara Customer Portal for Pentaho?
How to Add a New Hitachi Vantara User Account to the Customer Portal for Pentaho Support?