NOTE: For more general information on the Pentaho Support Utility, please review the following document: https://support.pentaho.com/hc/en-us/articles/205487176
1) Go to the following location to download the plugin: https://pentaho.box.com/s/l6h07mm33ym15aavyyij
- Select the correct version for your installation (4.x vs. 5.x), then select "BA Server" and finally download the 'bisupportwizard.zip' file.
2) Unzip the plugin to a location on the file system (outside of the current Pentaho installation directories).
3) Stop the BA-Server
4) Copy the ‘BISupportWizard’ folder to the ‘../biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system/’ directory
5) Edit the ‘/BISupportWizard/resources/Support.properties’
- SUPP_INFO_DEST_PATH= The Path to your installation directory (must be escaped with double slashes on Windows based machines)
- SUPP_INF_DIR= The zip file name
- LOG_COUNT=1 <change if there are multiple logs to be collected, i.e. catalina<date>.xxx>
- ENT_PATH= <Path to Enterprise-Console> (NOTE: 4.8.x Only, there is no enterprise console in 5.x)
- USER_NAME= <user>
- USER_PASSWORD= <password>
- FULLY_QUALIFIED_BISERVER_URL= <Server URL for Pentaho>(NOTE: 5.0.x Only)
6) Save the Support.properties file. Then start the BA-Server
7) Login to the Pentaho User Console
8) Click on HELP -> biSupportWizard (4.8.x)
Click on HELP -> biSupportWizard (5.0.x)
9) Select the options to be captured (Check boxes)
10) Choose the Install Type (Radio button)
11) Type in the browser version information (free form text)
12) Click ‘Package’
13) This will run the collection of the selected items and finally create a .zip file with all files attached (Note the location and file name based off of the properties file).
Extraction of this zip file looks like the following: