NOTE: For more general information on the Pentaho Support Utility, please review the following document: https://support.pentaho.com/hc/en-us/articles/205487176
1) Download the standalone utility from box https://pentaho.box.com/s/l6h07mm33ym15aavyyij
- Select the correct version for your installation (4.x vs. 5.x), then select "PDI" and finally download the 'SupportUtility.zip' file
2) Unzip the utility
3) Edit the ‘<stand alone>/resources/Support.properties’
- SUPP_INFO_DEST_PATH= The Path to your installation directory (must be escaped with double slashes on a Windows based OS)
- SUPP_INF_DIR= The zip file name
- LOG_COUNT=1 <change if there are multiple logs to be collected, i.e. catalina<date>.xxx>
FULLY_QUALIFIED_DISERVER_URL= <Server URL for Pentaho>
DI_PATH= <Path to Tomcat>
DI_TOM_PATH= <path to Tomcat>
4) Save the Support.properties file and place the SupportUtility folder into the plugins directory inside of spoon (..pdi-ee\data-integration\plugins\spoon)
5) Start Spoon up and go to the Help -> Support Util option. This will bring up a stand alone GUI.
6) Select the items you would like the Support Utility to capture, add in the web browser information into the free form text field, and then select the type of install (Installer, Archive, Manual) that was used.
7) Click the "package" button and wait for it to complete, this will gather all of the items that were selected in the GUI and will zip it up to the location provided in the properties file.